Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 2, 2010

You know what really grinds my gears?

[blog #5]
Recently, I've taken up two new arch nemeses.

Red wasps, and Atlanta traffic.

Let me take a couple of deep breaths and start from the top.

So at the beginning of this week, it's started to warm up in good ol Hotlanta, on account of the arrival of spring and what not. Which, spring time always ushers in a handful of insects (which I hate) and that includes bees. Now, just to give you some background, I HATE bees. I think I was stung once when I was 3, but I don't remember it. All I know is, I would like to live the rest of my life without being stung so I take some pretty dramatic measures to ensure my safety. (i.e. running, swatting, and screaming.) Anyway, as I was walking down the stairs to my car the other day I accidentally walked by some red wasps that looked like they were maybe building a hive on the side of the house, anyway, I kid you not, one of them CHASED me down to my car. Yes, chased me. And hovered around my car. And sometimes, they hang out by the door, like they're waiting for me, so I refuse to go the outside way unless it's dark, or I forget. THEN today, I was walking out of Taylors front door and one was waiting for me on the screen. I hurried down the porch steps and it went after me again, so there I was running and swatting like an idiot, and as cars drove by it looked like I was dancing like Elaine Benes, or insane, or both. I got in my car and drove off to go get Tay from school. When we got back I got out of the car and it was waiting for me sitting on the grass. Taylor saw it before I did and luckily, killed it. Well I think this pissed his family off because when I was loading my stuff into Tay's car and had to move my car one came and chased me, yet again, into my car and circled my car for a few minutes. I thought it was gone and when I got out it was on the roof of my car waiting for me, yet again. And I was chased back in the house. The traffic (which I will get to in a second.) was pretty horrendous on the way down to Valdosta today so we took a detour and we were in some random town stuck at a stop light when, whaddaya know? a RED WASP starts flying around the effing car. bastards.

Sometimes, I laugh at myself when I think of how I used to get upset at Utah County traffic. For all of my lovely Utah Residents reading this, the next time you are stuck in traffic and angry, please think to yourself "Kynslie has it so much worse right now." Because of traffic in Atlanta I have experienced the following, A 30 minute trek to my boyfriend's house, which normally would take about 8, a two hour trip to little five points which would normally take 20 minutes, a 8 hour trip home from Valdosta which would normally take 3 and a half hours, a 6 hour trip TO Valdosta today, once again, only taking 3 and a half normally. I spent 10 minutes at a traffic light today that I was just skipping over the left turn light. Rush hour starts at like freaking noon on Fridays. People are CONSTANTLY cutting each other off, very few people understand the concept of taking turns and putting on blinkers and being courteous. I mean they could just be out to get me because I have Utah plates, who knows? I've been saying this whole time, "People in Utah drive like idiots, people in ATL drive like straight up A-holes." (However, I will give them this, people here know how to work a roundabout, UNLIKE Utahns.) You guys, this is not a joke. The only way I keep myself sane and not completely angry is by way of rap music on the radio and quoting bacon kid, i.e. "YOU'RE ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THE QUEEN, and WE'RE THE SORRY PEOPLE!"




3 comments:

Jes said...

lol... yeah we always complain about how bad the traffic and lights are in Logan.... and then a few weeks ago we ahd to go to California for a weekend and Dan got stuck in traffic on the freeway that took SIX hours to get just over a mile!!! ...so yeah we joke about our poor logan traffic now :)

Oh yeah... ever want to be deeply entertained...for life!! Put a bee near Dan and see how fast he moves and how long he freaks out. lmao. not gonna lie, I think I really did the first time :) (oh yeah... kepe that on the DL he might kill me for sharing lol)

individually wrapped slices said...

As a pedestrian, I almost got straight up ran over by no less than 10 cars in Salt Lake City. I dont know where they think they can drive like that. I would love for a mass of public transportation takers (ie, MARTA folk) to walk across a street in downtown Salt Lake City and give everyone the stinkeye while they saunter across the crosswalk ... and the soccer moms have to slam on their brakes making the Book of Mormon cds fall off the dashboard.

individually wrapped slices said...

PS. I would love to see you scream. Ive yet to see you lose your cool. Do you, perchance, sweat? I want to see that too.

The CAPTCHA is SPLOB. I win the internets.