Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

let's get deep.

Dear Intensity,

Where do you go when it gets dark? Is there room for me there?

You're on foreign soil. Living someone else's life. Which was never a bad thing. Not ever.

You know that.

Rules, are rules, and they are meant to be broken right? Wrong. Not these rules. But if you and I ever.. it would be like this.

I'd be there, sitting across from you, in a room with two couches.

Your beautiful six string would rest on your knee, and your hands would feel at home. Caressing and brushing the strings.

We would be the same as we always were, sarcasm floating around the air stifling the oxygen. We'd breathe it in, and smile.

I would look down at the floor while you tuned, not saying anything.

And then you'd play.

You'd play the most magnificant song I'd ever heard. And you'd sing. The words you'd written about me, for me, and only me. I was finally worth it to someone. To take the time.

It would be the best 5 minutes of melody I'd experienced in years. You know me oh so well.

Then we'd spend the next little while, lounging around. I'd probably be on my back with my legs up, and you'd lay on the couch. We'd listen to records of all the classics, Zeppelin, Petty, James Taylor.. etc. And then we'd listen to CD's of our favorites, discussing them further in depth.

Sometimes, we would sit in silence, saying everything by saying nothing. Soaking it all in.

You always said that face to face, we'd be epic. And you're as right as rain. Whatever that means really.

Love always,
Indie

No comments: