Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

7-Eleven, Oh thank heaven.. Or should I?

"Kynslie, What's your biggest fear?"

Being involved in a gun-point robbery, while I'm getting a slurpee at sev.

"Seriously?"

Yeah.

"Oh.."


People, this is real. 7-Eleven's are robbed on a weekly basis. I think it's safe to say, a DAILY basis if we're counting 7-Eleven's every where.
You'd think, if I was that scared of them, I'd stay away. But it's my Romeo and Juliet style love affair with Slurpees [COKE SLURPEES]

Not to brag, but I am probably the most alert person you'll ever meet, when I am outside of my comfort zone. I always look over my shoulder when I'm walking out to my car, especially at night. I check in my backseat, get in, and lock the doors immediately. I try not to linger too long standing outside of my car, in case there's a rapist hiding under there. (That really happened in the middle of the day in SLC, so don't even.)

The second I step foot in an 7-Eleven I look around for potential criminals. The prejudice in me targets the dirtiest people, obviously. I try to get in and get out fast, and play it cool. Sometimes, there's a guy lingering by the beer wearing a trenchcoat, this makes me not want to go in. I might wait in my car till he leaves. Or just go somewhere else, and try again. Another thing I check when I pull up is how tough the clerk(s) looks. If it's a woman, who's not burly, I'll keep an eye on that, I don't want to, and I won't be the hero, not to save one 7-Eleven. I move swiftly, and I don't linger, I'll go somewhere else if I want candy. (Unless I'm with someone, I make sure I'm always moving around the store.) After all is said and done, I enjoy my delicious slurpee, and the obstacle I had to overcome to get it. But I think I am the one who ends up looking like I am about to rob the place.

You can laugh all you want but I'll bet you $500 my dad would be glad that I am not oblivious to my surroundings.

Next stop: One can of pepper spray.

1 comment:

Tyrone I said...

Lol, we think alike. Here's some other tips.

Look for races. As racist as it may sound, if there is a predominant race within the store and something does go down, your most likely on your own.

Look for groups of people. Big groups can be dangerous. If it's the local drill team, pay them no mind. If it's the local "I-think-I'm-a-bad-ass" crew, try the 7/11 down the block.

Choose the right time of day. Obviously you can't choose when your urge for a Coke Slurpee will strike, but try to go there during the day, preferably around the time school gets out or lunch, that's when they have their best cashiers working.