Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MEN HAVE VERY SKEWED PERCEPTION OF THE PURPOSE OF PURSES.

i'm not going to make this elaborate, because the title explains it all.

most girl's significant others, or best manfriend, etc. have at some point in their life asked them to bring their purse to sneak in candy or snacks at the movies. or asked them to carry something (wallet, keys, phone, camera.) in their purse when going to some kind of event.

but i think i have a purse story that trumps all men trying to use women for their purse stories.

on our anniversary, which was on friday, Taylor took me to cirque du soleil. which was incredible, and then to the atlanta fish market, which according to Jamie "is really goo...a lot of people really lii.... it's really raved about." (inside joke, you're on the outside.) I ordered Lobster Scampi, and Taylor ordered King Crab Legs. THEY WERE GINORMOUS. (which actually isn't a word, I checked. just call me Sarah Palin.) When we were finished, Taylor asked me if he could keep the claw as a souvenir. I told him I didn't care, assuming that he would get a box to go and put it inside. But when the check rolled around he didn't ask for a box and wrapped the claw in a napkin, i knew what was coming. I knew what was coming because this is the guy who made me bring my purse to a couple of concerts for the sake of storing his camera (and I HATE bringing my purse to shows.) So when he asked, I was resistant at first but then I decided I could do him a solid and store the skeleton claw in my purse for him. After all, he did drop a few hundred bucks on me all for celebrating one year of putting up with me.

Here's a visual aid:

*not my actual purse.


1 comment:

Cade + Tosha said...

ha! so funny and I totally agree with you. I have a purse for my shiz...if they want things carried they can get their own purse...murse...whatever. but i love the purse-contents-visual-what-have-you. love. it.