Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Open Faced Cubicle: Blessing in Disguise.

SO in August. I had a half-week long getaway in Hotlanta. I left work, excited and relieved to have a break from the building that consumes the majority of the days of my youth.

My trip was awesome, and for once in my life, I wasn't all that thrilled to come back to my real life in Utah.

Sunday night (when I got home) I recieved a text from a co-worker letting me know that we had moved cubicles. I was a little bit upset about this, but not too worried about it.

When I got in on Monday morning I ventured back to my new "pube cube" and when I realized that they stuck me in one of the open faced cubicles on the end, I was a lot more angry about it than what the situation called for. But I brushed it off, and decided to just hate my job instead.

It was the worst thing ever, to feel like you were basically sitting in the hallway. Everyone was rubber necking it when they walked by. I hated it. No seriously, I HATED it.

BUT, that was over four months ago, and my perspective has changed a little.

The first blessing would be my privacy screen. It's a thin black screen that makes it impossible for anyone not sitting in my seat to see what i am doing.

But the most important thing here, are the sights I see. Meaning, the people.

The outfits people choose to wear in a casual dress work enviroment, would BLOW YOUR MIND.

Now, I wouldn't call myself some pretentious fashionista or anything, but I like to think that I am not out to keep the 90's style alive or anything like that.

FIRST: Aladdin pants girl. She's what we in "the biz" like to call mind blowing. she wears these pants like everyday. I don't care who you are. This is not fashion forward. It's fashion backward. It's gross. Esp. when you wear them with tennis shoes.

SECOND: Pretty recently, with the weather getting to be freezing balls and what not, some people wear their coats around the office. Someone has taken it to a whole new level. She walks around the office all day wearing this. You know what? I get it. It's cold. But let's take it down a couple hundred notches eh?

And LAST (for now): There is a particularly effeminate male who's sexual orientation is none of my business and totally irrelevant ("not that there's anything wrong with that..") Anyway, it's not his dress that kills me, it's his walk. it puts Tyra to shame and it would make Miss J Alexander WEEP. He walks like it's for sale and the rent is due TONIGHT.

anyway, this post was a waste of everyone's time. but it's my life.

1 comment:

Jes said...

lol! I liked it :) youre awesome!