Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, July 27, 2009

Fell Short.

Hey, this is who I am.

You'll love me enough to care, but not enough to stay.

I'll be different enough to notice, but not enough to anchor you down.

I'll be pretty enough to catch your eye, but not enough to keep it from wandering.

This is who I've been. Is this who I will be?

Oh, no.

I'll be that one, the one they all come back to, cause they got a midnight craving. They thought they were missing something they took for granted before. But, no, it's the same. I'm still me. I'm just interesting enough to keep on the backburner.

You, you say you're in love with me.
in love with me is not enough.
wtf?
["wtf?" might have ruined the intensity, but shi, what do you want me to say? it's the truth.]

I watched birds peck the shiz out of people's eyes on a big screen today. It reminded me of me.

Men are birds, they pick and rip me apart until I have no eyes and I'm so disoriented I just lay down and give up.

Let it go. They're not all the same.

Oh yeah, so far, they are. And they all make their rounds. The ones from the past, forget how unincredible I was. They have a sweet tooth for my wit, and they get their temporary highs from our banter, and then they bolt like lightning.

Whatev. Ef you guys anyway.

2 comments:

candacesue said...

I know exactly how you feel actually, sigh. Love you girl :)

Anonymous said...

I think you know better than to blame the whole male gender for a handful of douche bags. It probably helps though so I won't push that too much, but let's get back to you.

This is the course some take to find love. It's a bitter, brutal, and sometime unnecessary course but nonetheless, the course. Why? Because it makes the end so much more worth it. You'll never really appreciate the heaven you find in somebody unless you go through hell with everybody else.