Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do you know Lionel?


"This is gonna be awkward, and it's gonna hurt my crotch."

That's what she said.




We rolled up 2 hours early with high hopes and a deck of cards. Before heading to the line, we took pictures by a gnome on a wall. We were amongst the first ten in line. The sun was hot, too hot for springtime. We plopped on the ground with excited hearts and began the waiting process...


I went and bought some water at a taco stand, I saw a potential bum wearing an all white suit with grass stains at the ankles. He smiled at me. I looked in the windows of some of the stores on 2nd South and some people in Good Times getting tatoos or getting inked, if you will. And a woman next door meeting with architects discussing the plans of her soon-to-be McMansion. I get back, we drink our waters and then Ashley and I head back to my car and walk over to the bus stop to urinate. We almost got hit by tracks. Fun.



6:00PM hits, it's time to go in, we're already sweaty suddenly the line splits and we are no longer the first. We are mad. We get molested. We are in the second row. We are mad again. But then, we have optimism, that's when the sweet bro's showed up. And we still had optimism. Until I get beaten by the sweet bro's, Al gets crushed, and a fatty strikes Ash in the throat. I was the first to go, in my head, while Envy on The Coast is playing, I look up at the freaky singer and think, "You're not worth this, peace out." And I slip out the back, but I didn't actually slip, I stuck to all the sweaty bodies until I started throwing bows. THEN they got out of my way. I go find my place off to the side as I usually do, Anberlin starts playing, I was enjoying myself, and then a sweaty fat kid emerged from the crowd. Shouting and driping and flailing his arms. I stared at him. He looked back at me, then continued on with his soggy enthusiam. All of the sudden texts started shooting into my phone from everyone who got seperated, "Where are you?" "Where are you?" "Where are you?" Consequently, I was tired of the cigarette smoke, the over-moshed sweaty super fan, and the creepy kid wearing cargo shorts looking at me like he's hungry. So I bailed. I find Al standing on a table in the back of the room, so I got on the table with her, soon after, Ashley shows up and got on the table with us. This turned out to be a really good spot. Candis, still hadn't turned up, but I knew that she stayed up there and rode it out. She'd die for Anberlin really, not that they are the types to expect that, but she would. In between sets, I watched everyone trip on the same step, in the same place, over and over. I glanced over to see a couple being obscence on and inoperative aracde game. I threw up in my mouth. Suddenly, a DRUNK girl is looming in the doorway of the bathroom across the room, she throws herself against the wall and starts dancing like a stripper who's ready to make the big bucks. Her babysitter/friend is trying to keep her under control, when suddenly the little lush takes a tumble, a pretty hard one. Her babysitter/friend goes down with her. I am both stunned, and amused. What is it about being a drunken fool that appeals to people? Get back to me on that. Then we saw a dead girl. That's right, dead. Or passed out. But I like to pick the path of most dramatic. So, dead girl. We spend the rest of the night table dancing and forgetting that we wanted to dismember the sweet bros. TBS ended with MakeDamnSure, we made it count. Then we wait on an unkempt couch hoping to catch a glimpse, of anyone of the rockers that we love so. Were standing by the merch table when suddenly Ashley latches onto my arm and is trembling, I looked up and there he is in all his microphone swinging glory, Adam Lazzara. She tries to call for him, but all that comes out is a mere whisper "Hey...." So sad. So we left and headed for Denny's where Allie and I ate french toast and Ashley puked in the bathroom. Hot.


Eventful. Not ideal, but worth it for sure.

2 comments:

Jes said...

ha ha. awesome. sooo wish I couldve afforded to go like Id hoped/planned *tear*
I heart TBS and Anberlin....sigh

candacesue said...

Man everyone went to that show, man I should have, but I am lame, ha.