Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 2, 2009

It's me, Margaret.

At age 12, I recieved a "gift" from mother nature.


Mother nature, I should punch you in ribs for that. You totally deserve it.


(This gift is the reason I don't feel guilty littering from time to time. )


The thing about this gift is that there's lots to it. Lots of unpleasant things. It's not, bam I bleed for 5-7 days, and then it's over. Bloody brings his uninvited friends, Crampy, Bloaty, Moody, HeadAchey, and if we're lucky, Fatiguey.


And here we sit, as women who are forced into a menstrual cycle without permission. And if we even say, "I am on my period." Men have the audacity to tell us, "TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! Stop talking about it!!" as if we OWE it to them to keep our mouths shut about it, or it's painful for them to HEAR about it. Well my male friends. you GET to hear about it; I bleed out of my blessed crotch for FIVE to SEVEN days. I have the option to either A) Shove a cotton torpedo up there to prevent a mess or B) Tape a small mattress-like apparatus to the lining of my underwear, much like a diaper. or C) Worst case scenario, if the bleeding is really extreme, an actual diaper. As I listed before there are many other symptoms that come along with this unsought infirmity.


But, it doesn't end there. The reason that we have this cycle is so that we are able to reproduce. And word on the street is that child bearing and child birth, is even more FUN and EXCITING! So I've got that to look forward to.. And this is to be continued when I get to that chapter in life.
Period.

3 comments:

Jes said...

lol...I loved the 'cotton torpedo'! :)

Just wait.... I NEVER had cramps or miserable periods, til after I had a baby. Now Im sore, achy, feel like Im having mini contractions and all that other crap! Some womens' periods get worse after, some go away... lol so goodluck! Hurry and pop a kid out and maybe youll be a lucky one who doesnt have any period 'joys'! :)

Anonymous said...

Amen, sistah. Amen.

AnDe said...

aw Kynz... you make me laugh. I appreciate the way you explained that... now if only i could get my husband to read it without freaking out....